What is New with my Humans

What is New with my Humans
Play Ball?

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Late Summer, early Fall. Wow.



Okay, so I can't believe how long it has been since I posted to this blog. No, that's not true, I guess I can. I'm lazy. Ok, it is true. Me...lazy. Ok, now that I have that confession over with here we go.


Ashton and I have endured an incredible spring and summer. A lot of rain, a lot of heat, and not only did we suffer, so did our poor plants. Today, I tried to do what I could to make things a bit better. And Ashton helped of course!




Here is what used to be pretty flower boxes over the railings that I installed a few years ago for my front porch. The boxes have changed color and modified over the years, and this year I planted pretty little blue annuals in them. They met their death a few heat waves ago and in their place are these things....not sure what they are, but they are alive and somewhat green so I am leaving them alone for now.


Awwww....my pretty beside the door planters were at one time looking good. Not so much now, but I did trim off all of the dead stuff. Do you see the little red buds to the left of the photo? That was not there when I started. Love it!



One of my Day Lillies with the Tiger grass off to the side. When I started today, all of this was a mess. It is a bit like gum in a child's hair. You need to be patient and go careful. Strand by strand. In addition, some of it is like a teenager, you know how they can be obsessed with split ends? If you just trim off the 'split ends' things will grow better!



The cute yellow flower was there at the beginning, but wasn't as 'perky' as it is now!



The yellow bushy looking thing needs very bad to be divided up. Love the little yellow flowers. The little blue flowers are so delightful as well. I will leave them alone one more year I think.




And here are the spoils. What a mess I made, but the weather and the temperature was so perfect for this type of work. I probably looked a lot like that woman bending over her garden cartoon. Oh well.



And here is Ms. Ashton looking for something she can fetch, or chew, or......



Our happy Ms. Ashton. It's a dog's life, right?
















No comments:

Post a Comment